It is easy to create your new show (what we called a Call Series on the old TalkShoe) in the Sandbox. Please remember, when you create a show in the Sandbox that the show is only temporary and will disappear when the new site goes live. If you want to create a new show that will be on the new TalkShoe when it goes live, please create it on the old TalkShoe website.
Follow these simple steps to create your new show:
- If you aren't on the Sandbox site, go to https://staging.talkshoe.com
- If you are NOT logged in to the Sandbox site, go to step 3,
If you ARE logged into the Sandbox site,
click "Start an Episode" and skip to step 5.
- If you aren't logged into the Sandbox site, click the "Login" button
- Enter your username and password and click "Login"
- To start a new Show, click "+New show"
- The "Add Show" screen will appear. Enter a Title for your Show. Notice the URL to your show page will appear underneath your title. This URL includes an abbreviation of your show's Title. It does not include the Show ID like the Old TalkShoe had.
- Choose whether you want your show to be "Public" or "Unlisted". Public shows will be listed and visible to other users on the TalkShoe site and can normally be listed on podcasting directories using the show's RSS feed. Unlisted calls are not visible to others on the site; but, if a user knows you are live and knows your show address, they can still join the live show. So, "unlisted" shows are not private and are not closed to uninvited users.
**Please note that RSS feeds will not work for shows created in the Sandbox; so, you cannot list your sandbox shows on iTunes or other directories.
When the Sandbox closes, all shows created in the sandbox will be deleted. When the sandbox closes, all existing shows from the old TalkShoe site will migrate over to the new site.
All RSS feeds for shows from the old site will work on the new site when they are migrated over; and, any shows created after the sandbox closes on the new site will also have their RSS feeds working.
- Add a description of your show.
- Pick an age rating (All Audiences... Parental Control - Similar to a PG-13 movie in content... Explicit Content - Similar to an R rated movie in content)
- Pick a category for your show (there are 28 categories to choose from).
- Click Save
- You will return to the Show's Front Page. To add a "Show Image" click the chat bubble image in front of the Show Title.
- Use either an original artwork image or a copyright free (royalty free) image as a show image. Either drag the image on to the box or click the "Select File" button to find the file on your computer's hard drive. The image should be 1400x1400 pixels in size and can be a JPG, PNG, or GIF file. To be safe, you should probably keep your image to no larger than 500KB in file size. Click the "Upload" button. Once your Your image will process. On the next window, you can click "Close" while the image is being processed.
Your show is now created. The next step is to schedule a "New Episode". Learn how!
Remember, when the Sandbox closes, all shows created in the sandbox will be deleted. When the sandbox closes, all existing shows from the old TalkShoe site will migrate over to the new site.